Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting ready?

So, my French host mother just left, she came over to have dinner. Her name is Christine and she works (more like volunteers) for the city of Mours-Saint-Eusebe. She also teaches International Marketing in her spare time. There's 3 kids (Mathieu, Clara, Oscar- 16, 13, 10) and none of which speak English. Her husband travels all of the world, and couldn't be here tonight because he's in Singapore. In case you're unaware, their family is moving to Buckhead in July and she's here for a visit. Brought some really nice wine from the Rhone-Alps (where I'll be staying). Anyways, she's really nice- even more wealthy- but nevertheless, I'm excited. She talked of ski trips, weekends in Paris, tennis clubs and all that jazz. I'm just thankful to be going. I'll probably be taking class in Valence a few days a week, too. Anyways, I leave on Saturday. Need to get an international drivers license. Many things to do, should be a fun last week.

1 comment:

  1. three days until you join me in this county. i hope your host family understands that i'll be visiting often to escape the little shits that i wake up to every morning and put to bed every night. and of course to see you, but that's really just an unwelcome burden.

    ReplyDelete